This dynamic market can be challenging when it comes to finding a home. To help make it easier, refer to our renting resources here. Being prepared will help ensure you sign your new apartment before someone else.
How to search for a Manhattan residence:
Below you will find tips to help focus your apartment search and maximize your agent’s ability to help you. Take a moment to answer the following questions:
- Where you would like to live in Manhattan? Do you want to be on the UES or in the West Village? Which neighborhood best fits your personality and needs?
- Will your building need a garage for your car, or do you need to be near public transportation?
- Do you want to be by certain restaurants, schools, etc.?
- Do you require an elevator or can you live in a walk-up?
- What type of apartment interests you? Condo, co-op, condop or brownstone?
- Do you prefer pre-war or post-war buildings (learn more here)?
- What size of a home would you like? Studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom, 3 bedroom, etc
- What amenities are necessary? Laundry in apartment or building, concierge, gym, etc.?
- Will the building landlord be able to work with you and your target move-in date?
- How much can you afford?
- Do you have enough for move-in and move-out fees along with a security deposit?
Taylor Real Estate Group is here to assist you with any questions or concerns you might have. Contact us today to learn more.